In recent years, Australia has become the most popular destination among skilled migrants. The Skilled Migration Program is a Government initiative to identify potential skilled migrants who can make a valuable contribution to the economy and to overcome skill shortages in the workforce. More and more people are seeking employment opportunities in Australia by taking advantage of the skill migration program. You have the opportunity to migrate to Australia, if you are a skilled professional, a tradesperson, or an overseas student completing studies for more than two years in Australia. Assess your eligibility instantly for an Australian Skilled Visa.
Australia welcomes business people who can bring business skills, expertise and investment to Australia. Under the new scheme, business migrants are granted a Provisional Visa for four years at the beginning, and after establishing the business or maintaining their investment, they can apply for a Business Skills Residence Visa. There are four business visa categories that fall into this scheme.
- Business Owner category
- Senior Executive category
- Investor Category
- Business Talent Category
This visa is given initially for a period of four years as a provisional visa. Once the business is established or the required level of investments is maintained, applicants are eligible to apply for permanent residency under this scheme.
Parents are entitled for migration to Australia if children living in Australia are sponsoring the parents. The children of the applicant must be Australian citizens or permanent residents. To be eligible for this visa, one must pass the “balance of family test”. Passing the test will mean that the applicants will have more children in Australia than in any part of the world, and the sponsors are settled in Australia.
One will qualify for a spouse visa if;
- You are married to an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- You are in long-term relationship with an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- You are in a de-facto relationship with an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- You are in an interdependent relationship with an Australian citizen or permanent resident
Spouse visa is initially given on a temporary basis for two years. If the applicant is able to prove the relationship is ongoing and genuine, at the end of the two-year period, the applicant will be granted a permanent visa.
This visa lets you come to Australia for a holiday or to visit family and friends.
We will tell you how many times you can enter Australia on this visa:
- You might be allowed to enter only once. If so, you will need to apply for a new visa if you want to return to Australia again after you leave.
- You might be able to travel to and from Australia as many times as you want while your visa is valid, but the total time you spend in Australia cannot be more than the period of stay that you have been granted.