Australian Migration Centre
Sri Lanka Office:
5/6, Railway Avenue, Nugegoda, Sri Lanka
Australian Migration Centre
Mon - Sat 8.30am to 5.00pm Closed on Sunday.
(Closed on Mercantile Holidays)

Skilled Visa

Australian Migration Centre

A person intending for GSM must have an occupation listed on the MLTSSL (Medium and Long term Strategic Skills list), STSOL (Short Term Skilled Occupation List) and ROL (Regional Occupation List), which are all different types of Occupation lists prescribed for migration. The GSM relies on the points test mechanism where points are awarded to an applicant in relation to a broad range of factors including age, English Proficiency, formal qualifications, work experience and certain other attributes such as completion of relevant qualification in Australia, previous study in a regional part of Australia and accreditation of community language, with the view to attracting the highest quality prospective migrants. A pass mark and pool mark are set by the legislative instrument.

To qualify for this visa, you must be under 45 years of age and have educational qualifications, work experience, and English knowledge. This is a points-tested visa and the current pass mark is 65. You can include immediate members of your family in the application.

Skilled visas provide skilled professionals an opportunity to live, work and study permanently in Australia. Those who are granted the Skilled Visa will be able to enjoy free public healthcare facilities. These visa holders will qualify for Australian citizenship upon satisfying the criteria.

At the Australian Migration Centre, we specialize in 189, 190, and 491 visa subclasses. Visa subclass 189 and 190, being PRs, allow you to stay in Australia indefinitely, whereas a 491 Provisional Visa will lead to permanent residency upon completion of the requirements. Once the visa is granted, you will be able to travel from and to the country as many times as you like within the first five years.

Permanent skilled Visas (Subclasses 189 and 190)

  • Obtain positive skills assessment
  • Demonstrate English competency
  • Obtain the minimum score on the points test
  • Be nominated by an Australian state or a Territory Government if applying for subclass 190
Get in touch with us if you need to obtain more information about the Skilled Visa.

Provisional Visa Subclass 491

Subclass 491 is a provisional visa for skilled workers and their families to live and work in a specified regional area in Australia. It allows applicants to live in Australia up to 5 years from the date of visa grant.

The visa can be used to travel in and out of Australia during that period however, there are obligations requiring the visa holder to live and work in a certain part of Australia depending on whether the visa was granted based on state or territory nomination or sponsored by an eligible family member. Once the living and working conditions are met, applicants can lodge for a PR visa while in Australia.

Eligibility requirement

  • Skilled occupation must be in MLTSSL, STSOL or ROL
  • Obtain a positive skills assessment
  • Demonstrate English competency
  • Obtain minimum score on the points test
  • Be nominated by an Australian Territory Government or eligible family member
476 – Temporary Graduate Visa

The skilled recognized graduate visa allows recent engineering graduates of eligible universities to gain up to 18 months of skilled work experience in occupations. It is a temporary visa. Your family can also apply to join you in Australia after the visa is granted. The visa allows you and your family to stay in Australia up to 18 months. While in Australia you can travel, work and study.

Check Your Eligibility

Our expert Migration Agents can assist you in choosing and applying the suitable visa for you. Fill in the form below and our team will get back to you on your assessment.

    Other Types of Visa

    Australian Migration Centre

    Business Visa

    Business owners who have enjoyed success in their respective fields can now apply for Business Visa…

    Australian Migration Centre

    Parent Visa

    Parent Visa is granted to those who have children living in Australia. With the Parent Visa, you will be…

    Australian Migration Centre

    Spouse Visa

    The Spouse Visa gives you the chance to live and work in Australia until a decision is taken about your…

    Australian Migration Centre

    Tourist Visa

    Tourist Visa is ideal for you if you desire to visit your friends or family in Australia…