Spouse Visa

The Spouse Visa gives you the chance to live and work in Australia until a decision is taken about your permanent Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 801). You will also be able to study in Australia with this visa. However you will not receive government support. Those who are granted the Spouse Visa will be able to travel to and from the country as many times as they wish. In addition to all of this, you will also be able to attend up to 510 hours of free English language classes which are conducted by Adult Migrant English Program. You can also enroll in and enjoy the benefits of Australia’s public healthcare scheme.

You will be able to include your children in the application for the Spouse Visa. The dependants will have to meet Australia’s health requirement and character requirement.

In order to apply for the Spouse Visa you will have to be the spouse or the de facto partner of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or an eligible New Zealand citizen. Your partner will also generally act as your sponsor when you apply for the Spouse Visa. Married couples will have to be 18 years or older when applying for Spouse Visa. If the relationship that you have with your partner ends while the visa is being processed, you might still be eligible for the visa.