Tourist Visa

Tourist Visa is ideal for you if you desire to visit your friends or family in Australia. You will be travelling in the country as a tourist. If you intend to travel to Australia to do business or for medical reasons, you should not apply for a Tourist Visa. You will be allowed to study or train for up to 3 months with the Tourist Visa. However, you will not be allowed to work in the country with this visa.

If you are entering Australia during a cruise, you will have to apply for a Tourist Visa. You can obtain more information about this procedure from your travel agent or cruise operator.

The Tourist Visa is temporary. The length of stay will be determined based on the specification of your case. This means you may or may not be granted the length of stay that you desire. You will not be able to stay in Australia for a total of more than 12 months in an 18 month period. Visas that last up to 18 months, 3 years and 5 years may also be granted under special circumstances. If you are the parent of an Australian citizen or a permanent resident and you do meet all of the required visa criteria, you may be granted a stay longer than 12 months. If you desire to stay longer in Australia you will have to apply for another visa.

It is not possible for you to include your family members in this visa. If you desire to travel with your family, you will have to submit separate applications for each.