Parent Visa

Parent Visa is granted to those who have children living in Australia. With the Parent Visa, you will be able to stay in the country indefinitely. The opportunity to work and study in Australia will also be granted. Parent Visa also gives you the chance to enroll in Australia’s public healthcare scheme. In addition, you will be able to sponsor your family members to come to Australia. If you are eligible, you will be able to apply for Australian citizenship once you are granted the Parent Visa.

You will be able to travel to and from the country as many times as you like within the first 5 years of the visa. After the travel facility expires, you will have to either apply for a Resident Return Visa (RRV) which will give you the chance to re-enter Australia as a permanent resident or opt to apply for Australian citizenship.

If you are applying for the Parent Visa (subclass 103) as a retiree, you will not have to meet the balance of family test. In order to meet the balance of family test, at least half of your children and stepchildren have to be eligible children or there should be more eligible children in Australia than children living in any other single country. There will also be no requirement to have a sponsor or an assurance of support. Retirees applying for this visa will be able to include the partner in the applications. However, they will not be able to include their children in the application.